As an editor, my greatest joy in the past few years has been helping authors shape their book manuscripts. Most recently, I've worked with a doctor who practices integrative medicine, a sociologist who studies wives of professional athletes, and a counselor who works with at-risk kids and helps athletes improve the mental aspects of their sport — all experts in their fields who just need a little help bringing a message to a lay audience.
As a writer, I have conducted hundreds — perhaps thousands — of interviews with people from all walks of life: scientists, professors, politicians, civil servants, business executives, industrialists, laborers, craftspeople, artists, farmers, ranchers, doctors, philanthropists, spiritual teachers, and more. I love to explain their diverse pursuits and tell their success stories.
Whether I'm doing original writing or editing for clarity, my goal is always the same: to seek to understand the area of expertise so that I can clearly communicate a message.
As a socially and environmentally aware and concerned individual, I choose to work with clients who celebrate human connectedness and make sustainability a priority.
If you are striving to make a positive difference in the world, let's talk about how I can use my skills to help you or your organization advance your cause.
Editor and writing coach
"Marie, you are the
Some of my current and former clients include:
- Oregon State University (Colleges of Engineering, Business, Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, and Pharmacy; numerous professors)
- USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station (Science Findings)
- NVIDIA (Annual Global Responsibility Report)
- Oregon Employment Dept., Child Care Division
- Consumers Power, Inc. (Ruralite magazine)
- The Benton County Foundation